Last updated on: February 24th, 2023 18:38 pm
Flap barrier installation Summary:
How to install a flap barrier? As a professional turnstile manufacturer turnstile supplier – Mairs makes a brief introduction for you. The installation of the flap barrier is divided into several parts:
- Confirming the solution.
- line embedding.
- fixed flap barrier gate.
- controller wiring connection.
As a kind of daily traffic management equipment, a flap barrier has the characteristics of a fast opening, safety, and convenience. It is an ideal management and dredging equipment for pedestrian high-frequency access. It is widely used in airports, subway stations, stations, wharves, scenic spots, parks, unit pedestrian passageways, etc. As a professional flap barrier manufacturer, Mairs will share the flap barrier installation steps:
Firstly, confirm the turnstile solution.
When communicating with customers, determine the plan, site width, length, How many machines can be installed, and whether to choose a vertical flap barrier gate or bridge flap barrier gate, The overall dimension of the vertical flap barrier turnstile is 420x330x980 (mm), the overall dimension of the Bridge flap barrier turnstile is 1200x280x1000 (mm), and the dimension from the blocking rod to the chassis is 510mm, that is, the floor area of the vertical flap barrier turnstile is 420x (330 + 510)m2, and the floor area of the Bridge flap barrier turnstile is 1200X (280 + 510)m2.
When selecting the flap barrier turnstile, fully consider the gap between the turnstile gate and the blocking rod, the floor area, placement position, and wiring of each flap barrier turnstile (open line or dark line). The scheme is determined and the goal is determined, Wait for the flap barrier gate to arrive at the site.
Secondly, line embedding.
On the basis of the previously determined turnstile security solution, make clear the specific size of the flap barrier gate installation, do a good job of pre-buried pipe, leave a gap of 50-100 mm between the flap barrier, can open the upper cover to prevent adjustment machine, maintenance, etc., between gate and gate embedded 2 pieces 6-8 minutes of plastic pipe, one hose power line (strong electricity), the other hose signal line (weak electricity), power line and signal line can not walk a hose at the same time, this will affect the communication effect, pre-buried pipe to expose the ground 30-40 mm high, line vertical gate should be good in the middle of the machine.
The bridge flap barrier gate should be good on both sides The middle bottom of the flap barrier gate is closed).
Thirdly, Fixed adjustment.
Fixed bottom with 4- M10x100 expansion screw fixed, can not swing, keep the whole machine level, the appearance of consistent as a whole,(before fixing had better use thin line pull straight line, vertical and horizontal consistent), flap barrier and flap barrier adopt series mode, adjust one by one, a straight line can be used normally.
Above is a general summary of the flap barrier installation, let’s explain the installation steps in detail, only for your reference! After the solution is determined with the customer, we need to follow the following steps to complete the installation:
Flap barrier installation Steps:
- According to the customer’s request, the location of the chassis is determined, the route is selected between the center point of the fixed position of the chassis and the control room, and the cable trench is buried or excavated.
- Put an appropriate diameter line pipe (PVC pipe or steel pipe) in the dug line trench and penetrate the power line and control line required by the equipment (control line includes: manual button line 3 core, RS485 communication signal line 3 core). If the distance is long, the power line and the control line must be separated (2 pipe distances should be more than 50 CM).
- An 8-core wire connecting machine is arranged between two gates.
- After all the lines are arranged, the concrete shall be buried after the commissioning is successful. Fix the flap barrier turnstile
- first, power up the two flap barrier gates, make the wings run to the closed state, then align the wings of the two flap barrier turnstiles, make the wings in the same line, and the distance between the wings and the wings is 3 CM to 5 CM
- Need to test infrared alignment, etc. All functions are debugged
- Mark the center of the screw hole in the base and the edge of the chassis on the ground, then remove the chassis, drill the drill bit vertically on the marked screw hole, Enter the expansion screw, and fasten the screw.
- Power on the gate: check the mainboard carefully before powering on Whether there is loosening, ensure that the mechanical part is not stuck, flexible operation, whether the equipment has been reliably grounded, whether there is a short circuit phenomenon, etc.
- This gate is a two-way normally closed wing gate. External incoming credit card signal, outgoing credit card signal.
- When there is no swiping card signal, the alarm will be given when the pedestrian enters from the incoming direction. Similarly, if there is no swiping signal, the alarm will be given when the pedestrian enters from the exit direction.
- Pedestrian swiping card: the wing opens and starts to delay. If the pedestrian passes through the set time, the wing will be closed. If the pedestrian still does not pass, the wing will be closed. When someone enters in the opposite direction, the gate will be closed immediately and an alarm will be sent out. If someone or object is on the anti-pinch infrared in the middle and exceeds the closing delay, an alarm will be sent out, but the gate will not be closed to avoid unnecessary injury.
- Pedestrians pass, if two people are too close, the time limit is treated as one person.
- Automatic detection: When the object is obstructed, it will automatically detect 5 times, then stop at the obstruction position, and then give the signal in the same direction, then the gate will return to normal. If the zero position can not be found at the beginning of switching on, five tests will be carried out, it will stop operation after 5 times of detection and 5 times of detection, so as not to cause damage to the parts of the flap barrier gate.
- The flap barrier switch can be adjusted. See parameter settings.
SUPER MUTE FULL HEIGHT SLIDING TURNSTILE MT247Product on sale
FLAP BARRIER AUTOMATED TURNSTILES MT246Product on sale
FLAP TURNSTILE BARRIER GATES MT244Product on sale
Controller wiring connection:
- Connect the equipment power line according to the flap barrier wiring diagram.
- If the equipment needs to install other control systems (such as access control system, fingerprint management system, consumer management system, etc.), it is necessary to connect the control system output signal line to the wiring row 1(green),2(black),3(blue),2(black) is a common end.
- If you need to use a manual button to control the gate, the original factory small button line can be extended.
- The two flap barriers are used synchronously, please connect the connecting lines to the two gates and connect them.
- Infrared access method, the power supply is connected to 12 V, the signal is IR1、IR2 from right to left IR3、IR4、IR5.; and At least 3 pairs or more, If 3 pairs will be connected to IR1、IR3、IR5.
- If two gates are connected, Need to be online, The wire is an 8-core wire, Access mode is, If there are AB two gates, Then A 11 ends of the line are connected to B 12 ends, A 12 ends B 11 ends, A 13 ends B 17 ends, A 14 B 16,15 B 15, A 16 ends B 14 ends, A 17 ends B 13 ends A 18 ends, The same is true of multiple stations. A channel Both gates are connected according to this method.
Although a series of tests have been carried out before the flap barrier turnstile machine leaves the factory and can operate safely and stably, the user must carry out correct installation and commission in strict accordance with the operation manual before the turnstile machine can be put into use. The manufacturer can refuse to bear any responsibility for any consequences caused by incorrect operation and man-made damage. Please pay attention to the following safety precautions before installing the product:
Technicians without an electrician certificate or without electrical training are strictly prohibited from engaging in electrical connection operations such as strong current 220VAC.
Without a proper installation foundation, it is not allowed to install the fixed gate.
During the turnstile maintenance, please disconnect the system power supply except for the pedestrian turnstile gate (such as access control, guest system, turnstile ticketing system, etc.).
It must have a leakage switch or other current control operating device.
The wiring of the turnstile gate must be carried out in accordance with the wiring diagram in the annex.
Before putting it into normal use, please ensure that the turnstile gate function test is qualified.
Check the fastening bolts during maintenance.
Do not touch the live parts, such as switching power supply, motor reducer, resistor, lamp, etc. after the turnstile gate system is powered on, because the live parts may be hot and easy to burn the skin.
Do not squeeze the turnstile gate with heavy objects, otherwise unnecessary damage will occur.
Users are suggested to separate the power interface of the flap barrier gate from other devices, otherwise, the turnstile gate will be damaged due to the mutual interference between the device.
The equipment is not equipped with an explosion-proof device and is not allowed to be used in a flammable and explosive environment. Users can choose other gate styles if they need.
Many customers do not know how to choose the proper flap barrier turnstile gate, do not know how many flap barriers do they need, and many customers also worry about how to install them after the purchase, this is a real problem, for more details, you can check our another article: what is flap barrier
As a professional security turnstile gate manufacturer, Mairs not only simply to provide customers with high-quality products, but more important thing is to provide technical support and after-sales service. Therefore, we must provide each customer with detailed instructions for use and installation. Every customer who cooperates with us never needs to worry about any problems. Mairsturnstile provides professional technical support and after-sales service to every customer.
Video of Flap Barrier Installation:
The previous preparation steps may be somewhat different due to different environments and sites. Please complete them according to your actual situation. This is the most important part about the specific installation and wiring of the flap barrier gate.
If you purchased our flap barrier turnstile, you can fully refer to the installation and wiring in the following video. Of course, if you didn’t buy our flap barrier turnstile, the process is similar, You can also refer to it.
This part is roughly divided into five steps: 1. Determine the position of the flap barrier turnstile and place the equipment. Generally, the channel width of the wing gate is 550-650 mm 2. After positioning the hole, drill the hole and embed the expansion bolt; 3. According to the turnstile wiring diagram, connect the connecting wires in front of the two flap barrier gates to make them a whole. 4. Connect the network cable according to the turnstile wiring diagram. 5. Connect the power line and ground wire according to the turnstile wiring diagram. 6. Turn on the power and test the normal operation of the flap barrier turnstile.
Above is all the content on how to install the flap barrier turnstile gate, if you have any questions during the installation of the flap barrier, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Mairsturnstile provides all kinds of high-quality turnstile gates for sale at affordable turnstile gate prices. We can also customize the turnstile gate according to your requirements. Our aim is to provide high-quality products and the best service. All of our products get 2 years warranty. If there is an exception or technical support during the use of the turnstile gate, We are very pleased to offer you the most satisfactory reply and provide the best service.Sharing this: