Last updated on: May 7th, 2023 11:02 am
What are automatic bollards?
With the gradual improvement of our safety awareness and the continuous improvement of intelligent access control technology, automatic bollards are widely used in various places. Compared with the heavy road blocker, the automatic bollards are more flexible and safety is more guaranteed. So what are automatic bollards?
Automatic bollards are a kind of traffic safety equipment with super strong anti-collision ability used to control the passage of road vehicles. It can be used together with the parking barrier gate access control system or separately, which are also called electric bollards, electric rising bollards, hydraulic bollards, automatic rising bollards, automatic retractable bollards, and retractable security bollards. Automatic bollards are widely used in road intersections, toll stations, government agencies High-grade residential areas, and other places with security requirements.
Compared to traditional fixed columns, marble piers, and other equipment, its main advantages are flexible rising and falling, strong interception ability, and high appearance.
Automatic bollards can be fully raised to block the passage of vehicles in just a few seconds. The automatic rising bollards can be lifted in just a few seconds, which is not only practical but also aesthetically pleasing.
Automatic retractable bollards are designed and developed to prevent unauthorized vehicles from forcibly entering sensitive areas, which have high practicability, reliability, and safety. Through the restriction on passing vehicles, automatic bollards ensure the traffic order, that is, the safety of main facilities and places. It can not only be used together with the gate control system but also be used alone.
Automatic driveway bollards can manage pedestrian traffic, protect critical infrastructure, set boundaries and distinguish roads. When the automatic bollards cannot work normally or the internal components are damaged, and the motor cannot automatically power off, manually press the stop button and report for repair in time to prevent the motor from being damaged due to long-term operation. The daily maintenance, regular inspection, and maintenance of the electric bollards equipment are the basis and necessary to ensure that the equipment can be in good working efficiency.
The intelligent remote control system built in the automatic driveway bollards will provide users with safer anti-collision protection.
At present, automatic bollards are not popular in many places, so ordinary users or integrators do not understand this product and cannot actively put forward relevant requirements. This situation gives some equipment suppliers the opportunity to recommend products to users. Often users only know the basic functions of the automatic bollards(in fact, the basic functions of products of different brands are similar, otherwise they can’t be called the electric rising bollards), and the information they really need to know is ignored.
Therefore, a large number of users pay a high price and buy only functions, not performance. Therefore, if you want to pay attention to performance, you must care about the following contents and choose electric bollards for driveways from the following aspects.
Of course, if you have any questions about how to choose products, you can contact our professional salesperson
When purchasing automatic retractable security bollards, the following points should be noted:
1. Width of the passage: The width of the passage determines the number of equipment required. If we only need to intercept vehicles normally, we only need to ensure that the distance between each bollard is not more than 1.5 meters, but in most cases this distance will be maintained at 1.2 meters.
Different places may have slight differences in width requirements. For example, in our park square, we may not only need to block illegal entry of vehicles, but also need to intercept some electric or tricycles, so our spacing may be between 60cm and 80cm. In short, we need to control the spacing width according to our actual needs based on different usage places.
2. Traffic flow: This number is one of the important parameters for selecting a product, but users often overlook this parameter. Understand the total annual/monthly traffic flow and average daily traffic flow of the installation site first.
3. Frequency of use: It is important to understand the short-term traffic flow during peak hours on the road where the vehicle is used.
4. Rising speed: This parameter is often of concern.
5. Safety level of the place of use: Although all automatic bollards have the function of blocking vehicles, there is indeed a huge difference in the blocking effect of civilian products and professional anti-terrorism products on vehicles.
6. Group management: Whether to separate lane access or manage by lane grouping determines the configuration and selection of the entire control system.
7. Rainfall and drainage: Due to the fact that the Mairs automatic bollards need to be buried deep below the ground, in extreme weather, automatic retractable bollards will be soaked in water. If the location where the automatic bollards are located often has rainstorms or the drainage system is not in place, when selecting equipment, at least select equipment with a grade of ip67 or above, so as to better ensure safety.
8. Location of installation site: If the installation site belongs to a geographically remote area, when selecting equipment, it is important to consider whether the selected equipment is easy to maintain and whether spare parts are convenient to purchase.
9. Implementation of protection function: Mairs fully automatic bollards can achieve safety protection through external infrared or vehicle monitors. Due to the fact that fully automatic driveway bollards are used to manage vehicles, the practice of vehicle detectors is more common.
The overall anti-corrosion effect of automatic bollards is still poor, which is currently common. Many anti-collision road stakes are not artificially damaged, but are corroded and damaged due to external factors. This phenomenon is mostly manifested in the rust and fracture of the base, ultimately due to the poor anti-corrosion performance of the product itself.
We once conducted an experiment in which two base flanges were simultaneously placed in the same external environment. One of them was galvanized and the other was left untreated. After four months of exposure to wind and sun, the flange without any measures was already rusty and spotty, while the galvanized flange was intact except for some dust on the surface. Corrosion resistance is not only limited to flanges, but also essential for the anti-corrosion work of the automatic bollards body. The use of high-quality paint is crucial for fully automatic hydraulic bollards. Poor quality paint may darken and peel off when exposed to sunlight or scratched.
The high-quality retractable security bollards produced by MAIRS have the above advantages. If you need to buy hydraulic-rising bollards, please contact us. I hope customers and friends must recognize the above parameters and conditions when choosing automatic driveway bollards hydraulic retractable bollards, and choose appropriate products that meet their own safety requirements.
Where to buy automatic bollards?
Our automatic bollards electric rising bollards can be customized according to your actual needs. If you have any questions about how to choose electric bollards for driveways or the number of products you need， please don’t hesitate to contact us. directly click the online chat button on the lower-left corner or scan the QR code on the right to add my what’s app. We are always pleased to solve your problems. You can also directly click on the following products to learn more details.
Anti-terrorist heavy duty automatic road blocker MT831Product on sale
Electric rising bollards rising security bollardsProduct on sale
Retractable bollards hydraulic rising bollard hydraulic bollardsProduct on sale
Mairs automatic bollards do not rust
Stainless steel is often seen and heard in daily life. Is stainless steel always non-rusting? Actually, this is our misunderstanding of the concept of stainless steel. Stainless steel can also rust under certain conditions, mainly depending on the material composition.
As we all know, when the automatic bollards device is installed outdoors, it is inevitably subjected to various scrapes, wind, and rain. For example, most of the current road cleaning vehicles use reclaimed water and river water treated by sewage treatment plants, and the chloride ions in the water exceed the standard, causing stainless steel columns to be covered with various stains. However, there is no need to worry about this issue with Mairs’ automatic bollards! The stains on the stainless steel automatic retractable bollards were briefly wiped by the technical personnel and immediately became bright as new!
There are two main types of stainless steel plates commonly used in our daily life: 201 and 304. Due to their different compositions, the most important difference is reflected in the distance of their corrosion resistance function. 201 has a high manganese content and is slightly rusty, while its acid resistance function is poor. It is generally used indoors and in dry and ventilated areas. 304, on the other hand, contains more chromium and has good acid resistance. It is generally used outdoors or in humid environments. Of course, in terms of price, 201 is much lower than 304.
Mairs automatic bollards are made of 304 stainless steel, which can withstand various corrosion and play a safe and secure role as a safety guard when exposed to various messy environments all year round. Mairs automatic bollards adopt a hydraulic drive method, which has the advantages of fast lifting speed, easy maintenance, high reliability, and long service life. Its business covers more than 100 counties, and its products are widely used in important institutions and have received unanimous praise.
Fully automatic rising bollards control method:
The supporting distribution box and remote control of the automatic rising bollards are a control method for raising or lowering the automatic bollards. The same group of automatic driveway bollards can be connected with a single cable or divided into multiple groups for individual control according to user needs. The control of the automatic bollards is extremely simple. With one remote control and three buttons, commands for lifting, lowering, and stopping can be completed, with real-time control and no delayed response.
1. Wireless remote control
There are three buttons on the wireless remote control, which are up, down, and stop. Use a wireless remote control to raise and lower the device, and use the stop button to stop the device’s movement before it is completed.
2. Distribution box button control
The power distribution box button controls the lifting and lowering of the hydraulic rising bollard body. The surface of the box is equipped with up, down, and stop buttons. Use this button to raise and lower the device. During the period when the action is not completed, the stop button can be used to stop the device’s action.
3. External button box control
External buttons control the lifting and lowering of the bollards. Use this button to raise and lower the device. During the period when the action is not completed, the stop button can be used to stop the device’s action.
4. Manual control
Manually control the lifting and lowering of the column. When the equipment is in a raised state and the power grid is cut off, the control system of the distribution box cannot start normally due to the power outage. The distribution box is equipped with a 12-volt lead-acid battery. To avoid affecting the normal passage of vehicles, press and hold the pressure relief combination button – the down button and stop button on the box at the same time. If the column does not move or slides for a certain period of time, downward pressure can be manually applied until the column is level with the ground.
In addition, according to the linkage equipment, the fully automatic rising bollards can also have the following control methods:
1. Access control swiping card.
3. License plate recognition and access control linkage.
4. Remote control.
5. Can be equipped with vehicle detectors.
6. Ground induction coil.
Automatic bollards belong to the anti-terrorism roadblock security product, which can effectively intercept illegal vehicle intrusion. Some units that restrict vehicle entry and exit or are afraid of malicious vehicle intrusion in safe places even more need the protection of automatic retractable bollards. Most of these places are government agencies, military police forces, energy and chemical units, aerospace units, financial units, transportation units, and so on.
Similarly, in densely populated areas, the existence of automatic bollards is also necessary to achieve a state of separation of people and vehicles, such as scenic spots, pedestrian streets, hospitals, toll stations, schools, banks, oil fields, vaults, prisons, large clubs, parking lots, and other public places. This clarifies what type of automatic bollard units need to install, and what type of automatic bollard is required, which varies depending on the unit, When introduced, the manufacturer will provide detailed instructions on what kind of vehicles to intercept based on the unit’s usual traffic flow.
1. State organs, government units, military, and other important units: install anti-riot automatic retractable security bollards, which can control the lifting by electric, remote control, or card swiping, so as to effectively prevent the entry of vehicles from other units and the intrusion of illegal vehicles.
2. Pedestrian street: electric rising bollards are installed at the intersection of the pedestrian street. Usually, the automatic bollards are raised to restrict the access of vehicles. In case of emergency or special circumstances (such as fire, first aid, leadership inspection, etc.), the hydraulic bollards can be lowered quickly for the passage of vehicles.
3. Road separation belt: in the non-fully enclosed road separation belt, the automatic security bollards can be used to prevent the vehicle from turning left or turning around at ordinary times. In case of road construction, road obstruction, and other special circumstances, the rising bollards can be put down to divert vehicles.
4. Multipurpose Square: during the day, the automatic bollards are raised and vehicles are prohibited from entering the square. At night, the multi-purpose square is used as a temporary parking area. Put down the electric security bollards and vehicles can enter and park.
5. Open park: automatic rising bollards are installed at the intersection of the open park. Usually, the electric rising bollards are raised to prevent vehicles from passing, and visitors can pass freely. In case of special circumstances, put down the electric bollards to facilitate the passage of vehicles.
6. In residential areas, banks, schools, and other places, automatic bollards can restrict the entry of vehicles and ensure the effective use of fire passages.
Precautions for use:
Precautions for daily use of fully automatic rising bollards
1. Regularly check the oil level in the fuel tank of the machine. If the oil level is below the bottom line, refueling is required; If the color of the oil page becomes dark and cloudy, it is necessary to consider changing the oil page.
2. During the operation of the machine, prevent continuous ascent and descent. It is not advisable to switch between ascending and descending at a continuous and rapid speed, as this can easily shorten the service life of the motor and hydraulic pump.
3. Carefully raise the vehicle or pedestrian above the barricade to avoid potential hazards.
4. Maintain unobstructed drainage at the bottom of the automatic rising bollards body and clean surroundings to ensure the service life and performance of the lifting road pile components, as well as waterproof and sealing properties.
5. On large ice and snow days, if there is severe icing inside the pile body of the machine, stop lifting and lowering, and use methods such as heating to freeze before use.
Method of use in case of a power outage:
1. In case of a power outage, if the automatic rising bollards need to be lowered, the emergency lowering switch can be turned on.
2. In case of a power outage, if it is necessary to raise the automatic rising bollards, the top cover of the column can be removed, and a lifting ring can be installed on the connecting plate of the movement. The external force can be used to lift it to the height of the rising top, and the lifting column will automatically lock.
Why use it?
With the progress and development of society, people’s lifestyles and pace of life are undergoing profound changes, and high-rise buildings in cities are springing up like bamboo shoots after rain. Since 9/11 in the United States, countries around the world have also put forward new and higher requirements for anti-terrorism prevention in key protective units, military key units, and high-rise buildings.
Modern architectural design has increasingly high requirements for vehicle access control, and traditional gate and telescopic door equipment has become increasingly difficult to meet the needs of designers and users. The traditional gate expansion door is prone to damaging the overall architectural style of the building complex, and secondly, it cannot prevent malicious collisions from vehicles.
The automatic bollards are designed and developed to prevent unauthorized vehicles from forcibly entering sensitive areas, and have high practicality, reliability, and safety; The fully automatic driveway bollards are suitable for high frequency and safe vehicle access. In addition to replacing traditional gates and expansion doors, it can also improve the safety of the protected area, enhance the overall level and image, and its buried design will not damage the overall style of the building complex.
Suitable for military, government agencies, prisons, border defense, customs, stations, docks, airports, high-end residential areas, villas, pedestrian streets, bank toll stations, parking lots, parks, and other checkpoints that require flexible control of vehicle entry and exit. It can prevent malicious and forced entry of vehicles and ensure safety and normal order within the intersection. The hydraulic automatic bollards effectively ensure traffic order, i.e. the safety of major facilities and locations, by restricting passing vehicles.
In addition to replacing the traditional parking barrier gates and entrance gates, it can also improve the safety of the maintained places, improve the level and image of the maintained places, and its buried installation design will not damage the overall style of the building.
With the development of the times, the fully automatic rising bollards slowly appear in people’s sight. Now, its meaning has been expanded and is often used to describe various means of managing pedestrian traffic, key infrastructure to protect personal and property safety, and facilities to delimit areas and distinguish roads.
The development of cities cannot be separated from the assistance of security equipment. In recent years, with the strengthening of anti-terrorism awareness, people have paid more attention to security topics. Nowadays, in densely populated areas such as schools and scenic spots in some first-tier cities, security equipment is almost everywhere, or in areas with large populations and high safety hazards such as the State Grid, government agencies, courts, hospitals, judicial departments, and oil fields, automatic retractable bollards are widely used, Nowadays, automatic bollards are increasingly becoming an indispensable element in urban development.
1. Strong impact resistance and collision avoidance ability
Automatic bollards have strong resistance to impact and impact. They can be embedded in the road surface to control traffic, intercept vehicles, and replace traditional road gates and fixed roadblocks.
2. Safe and reliable:
Automatic bollards have good safety performance. It can achieve good results in application. Especially in some sensitive areas. For example, embassies, consulates, important government agencies, prisons, military, refineries, banks, etc.
When encountering urgent situations such as power outages, the emergency lowering can be manually activated, and the barrier bollards can be lowered to open the passage and release the vehicle. Automatic bollards are equipped with a hydraulic unit and an integrated hydraulic power system, which perfectly matches the speed of lifting and lowering, ensuring stable and reliable operation.
3. Good maneuverability:
Automatic bollards have good maneuverability. Its advantage is that it does not change the layout of the original space, mainly due to its maneuverability and hidden functions. Ginger pillars not only ensure normal traffic capacity. Moreover, it can effectively control the passage of illegal vehicles.
4. Economical and Affordable
Automatic driveway bollards have a stable structure, thick materials, strong power (mostly using hydraulic systems), energy conservation and environmental protection, low energy consumption, relatively lower failure rate, longer product production cycle, and lower maintenance costs. Compared to the urban entrance and exit gates, the initial purchase of lifting columns is much more expensive than gates, but from a long-term maintenance perspective, lifting columns are more cost-effective.
5. Scientific and aesthetically pleasing
The production process of the automatic bollards is relatively complex, and it has perfect concealment when not in use. It does not require the use of space by the road barrier gate or stone piers, and the lifting and falling do not appear abrupt. Different patterns and styles can also be customized according to customer needs, which is more in line with the aesthetic requirements of urban construction.
6. Convenient operation
The lifting and lowering of the automatic bollards are controlled by the control box using a remote control, which is simple to operate and quick to start (with a time of 3 to 6 seconds). The remote control and networked lifting control system can better ensure safety. In the face of sudden emergency situations, it can more quickly and effectively intercept vehicles.
7. Structural Common:
The central part of the hydraulic unit and mechanical power organization are jointly planned, which can effectively transmit mechanical energy to the hydraulic drive unit, resulting in efficient action. The hydraulic unit completes the joint planning of pressure rise, with outstanding functions, which is rare in the same category at home and abroad.
8. Quick and quiet:
The lifting and lowering time can reach up to 3 seconds, which is far greater than the equivalent standard pneumatic roadblock machine, which is extremely commendable. Because it uses a hydraulic drive unit, it is soft and quiet to operate, and effectively solves the problem of high noise caused by traditional pneumatic lifting columns due to air pump operation.
9. There are many applicable places:
The full-automatic retractable bollards have a wide range of applications. The full-automatic electric bollards for driveways can be used to control vehicles whether on highways, airports, or entrances and exits of institutions (such as schools, banks, etc.).
What are the basic components of automatic rising bollards?
1. Stainless steel bucket, diameter 219mm
2. Stainless steel flange plate
3. Outer iron bucket
4. Guide rail
6. LED light panel
7. Light strip
8. Spring wire
9. Cushion foot cup
10. Nylon sleeve for guide rail
If we only rely on the appearance of anti-terrorism automatic bollards, it is still difficult to imagine its power. In fact, the automatic retractable bollards we see are only a small part of the ground, and most of the others are buried underground, and the two parts are cast together.
When the car hits the automatic bollards, due to the physical effect, the huge kinetic energy generated during the impact is transmitted to the foundation by the automatic driveway bollards, and the strong impact is dispersed and absorbed by the ground. In general, each of these automatic bollards can stop a fully powered truck on the spot.
Automatic bollards are mainly divided into three parts: column part, control system, and power system. The power control system is mainly hydraulic, pneumatic, and electromechanical. The working principle of the main control system is as follows.
After years of development, the cylinder has developed into a variety of styles, and the power systems are mainly the following types
1. Pneumatic full-automatic rising bollards: air is used as the driving medium to drive the rise and fall of the column through the external pneumatic power unit
2. Hydraulic automatic rising bollards: hydraulic oil is used as the driving medium. There are two control modes, i.e. driving the cylinder up and down through an external hydraulic power unit (the driving part is separated from the cylinder) or a built-in hydraulic power unit (the driving part is placed in the cylinder).
3. Electromechanical automatic bollards: the lifting of the bollards is driven by the motor built in the bollard.
Analysis of anti-collision ability:
As a high anti-collision security product, automatic bollards are being increasingly used in important places, playing an important role in ensuring the safety of entrances and exits. There are various styles of automatic bollards on the market, so how do we evaluate their anti-collision ability?
Mairs believes that the birth of hydraulic automatic bollards is due to the increasing demand for safety, so impact resistance and interception are its most essential core functions. So what are the aspects that determine the anti-collision ability of hydraulic automatic bollards?
Firstly, from the interception height of the automatic bollards
At present, the vast majority of lifting pillars in the market have an interception height of 600 to be more effective intercept vehicles.
Let’s take a look at the diameter of the column again
Simply put, the thicker the automatic bollards, the stronger their anti-collision ability
The structure of the automatic driveway bollards is the most important factor affecting the impact resistance effect
The vast majority of manufacturers on the market now have a height of 600mm for intercepting automatic bollards, with a diameter of 219mm. The biggest difference lies in the structure of the columns, and the most important thing is the length of the intersection between the flange and the column
A flange is a special term for a component of automatic bollards, which refers to a circular metal plate on the periphery of the column on the ground. In addition to assisting in stable lifting and lowering of the column, it also helps to dissipate a certain amount of lateral force during impact on the automatic bollards. Automatic retractable bollards are subjected to lateral force due to impact, which is a typical lever principle in physics. The more stable the supporting point of the force, the greater the force it can withstand.
Unlike many thin flange plates with a thickness of 10-15mm in the market, most of the flange plates of the Force Shield can reach 40mm or even 60mm. This not only makes the lateral force support point more stable, but also prevents damage to the entire structure caused by vertical forces such as vehicle rolling.
Cross-length of columns
The cross length of the column, in simple terms, refers to the part where the column overlaps with the underground embedded barrel during the rising state. This place cannot be underestimated. According to the lever principle, vehicle impact is the driving force, column interception is the resistance, and the longer the resistance arm, the greater the resistance that can be generated. For example, according to a tree, the deeper the root, the less likely it is to collapse.
From this, it can be seen that the thicker the flange, the more durable the automatic bollards, and the better its impact resistance; The longer the cross length of the column, the better its impact resistance. Intelligent security and prevention, technology casting dreams!
Automatic bollards are increasingly appearing in people’s sight, not only because of their high appearance but also because their safety is recognized. The use of automatic bollards is becoming increasingly widespread, such as for preventing vehicle collisions, diverting people and vehicles, protecting important safety facilities, setting boundaries, distinguishing road divisions, and so on.
With the increasing use of automatic bollards, it is important to understand the 7 characteristics that determine whether an automatic bollard is good or bad in the market:
1. Waterproof grade
The higher the waterproof level, the better. The best waterproof level for the mechanism is to reach the IP68 level and choose non-exposed oil pipes. Subsequent maintenance problems are almost rare, and the service life of the movement will also be relatively long.
2. Corrosion resistance
The higher the corrosion resistance, the better. It is best to purchase polished wire drawing cylinders with the corrosion resistance of IP69 grade, industrial grade 304 stainless steel, for a long service life
3. Equipment maintenance
Choose the type of replaceable accessory that does not require complete machine replacement, is easy to maintain, convenient for later maintenance, and saves costs
Complies with synchronization standards, rises and falls neatly and at a consistent pace.
5. Cold resistance
The cold winter is also a high-incidence period for automatic bollard maintenance. Choosing the type that works normally at -40 ℃ is beneficial for cold areas, reducing maintenance and saving costs
6. Strong load capacity
Choose a type with strong load capacity and the ability to quickly lift and lower in case of sudden collisions.
7. Ultra high sealing performance
Be sure to choose one with good sealing performance. If dust and small stones are lifted and lowered, the internal structure of the mechanism will be very fragile. If they are lifted and lowered multiple times, it will cause mechanical damage and high maintenance costs in the later stage. Therefore, dust prevention reduces the failure rate. When purchasing, it is important to pay attention to sealing performance.
In summary, when purchasing automatic bollards, the unit does not want to only repair them all day long. They definitely want to choose the type of automatic bollards that can withstand use. When purchasing in the future, it is important to pay attention to these points to avoid stepping on the pit.
What are the driving methods for automatic bollards?
Fully automatic rising bollards are increasingly being used in important places such as entrances and exits, municipal transportation, military and police units, energy and electricity, and political and legal authorities. At present, the main driving methods for automatic bollards are hydraulic drive, pneumatic drive, and electric drive. What are their differences?
1. Lifting force of automatic bollards
The lifting force of the hydraulic rising bollards is the largest of the three types, which can lift a weight of nearly one ton, indicating strong compressive strength; The pneumatic lifting column is only 60kg, and the electric drive is 100kg.
2. Tolerance of automatic bollards (frequency of use):
Mairs automatic bollards are lifted twice a minute and immersed in oil for 5000 consecutive times. The motor has good heat dissipation performance, low noise, and a low failure rate; The frequency of use supported depends on the number of driving automatic bollards, the working noise is high and the heat dissipation is high; Frequent operation of electric drives can easily lead to motor overheating protection and shutdown, and the mechanical structure of electric drives is prone to malfunctions.
3. Comparison of lifting and lowering speeds of automatic bollards
The automatic bollards, as a powerful device for intercepting vehicles, plays a crucial role in responding to emergency situations, and being able to respond quickly when unexpected situations arise is key. Among the three types of drives, hydraulic drive, pneumatic drive, and electric drive, the hydraulic rising bollards can be driven up or down in 2-4 seconds at the fastest speed, while pneumatic drive takes about 6 seconds, and the electric drive takes the slowest 10 seconds.
4. Performance of power outage of automatic bollards under different driving modes
Due to various reasons in daily life, such as overloading the power supply, relevant departments will “switch off and limit power” the automatic bollards as an electrical appliance. Can it still drop after a power outage? This is a concern for everyone.
Mairs automatic bollards have a power outage emergency release function. After a power outage, automatic retractable bollards are still in a rising state, but they can be manually lowered to ensure normal operation. The hydraulic drive can flexibly decide whether to rise or fall, while the other two lack flexibility; After the power outage of the pneumatic drive, the solenoid valve will automatically lower if it fails; The electric drive remains in an upward state when powered off, and cannot be manually lowered. The disadvantage is that it hinders normal vehicle traffic and brings inconvenience.
Compared with electric bollards:
Which is better, hydraulic rising bollards, pneumatic rising bollards, or electric rising bollards?
Through the above comparison, we can easily see the benefits and advantages of hydraulic rising bollards:
Why choose hydraulic rising bollards? Advantages compared to pneumatic and pure electric rising bollards:
1. The structure is sturdy and durable, with high load-bearing capacity, smooth operation, and low noise.
2. Adopting PLC control, the system operates stably and reliably, making it easy to integrate.
3. The hydraulic rising bollards can be linked and controlled with other equipment, or can be combined with other control equipment to achieve automatic control.
4. When there is a power outage or product malfunction, such as when the hydraulic rising bollards need to be lowered while it is in the raised state, the raised pillar can be manually lowered to the ground level position to allow vehicles to pass.
5. The product adopts market-leading low-pressure hydraulic drive technology, ensuring the safety, reliability, and stability of the entire system.
6. Remote control device: Through wireless remote control, the lifting and lowering of rising bollards can be remotely controlled within a range of about 30 meters around the controller (depending on the on-site wireless communication environment).
How are the types of automatic bollards classified?
There are also many forms of automatic bollards, and there is no authoritative classification method in the industry. Therefore, based on my professional experience and different classification methods, I have divided the automatic bollards into the following types, which are not rigorous and are only for reference.
1. Classified by purpose
High safety level, high anti-collision level, generally able to withstand the impact of at least 6.8 ton trucks at a speed of 65 km/h. This type of product usually has a column diameter of 273mm or more, a wall thickness of 15mm or more, and a blocking height of 800mm or more. However, its manufacturing cost is high, so it is often installed in the most sensitive and safe places, such as important government agencies, prisons, military forces, nuclear power plants, natural gas stations, power grid substations, embassies and consulates, border checkpoints, and so on.
City level, with moderate anti-collision level, and can withstand the impact of up to 2.3 tons of motor vehicles at a speed of 100km/h. This type of product generally has a column diameter of 219-233mm, a wall thickness of 6-10mm, and a blocking height of 600-800mm. Due to its affordable price and beautiful appearance, it is often used in certain areas in cities where people are prone to gather, such as schools, hospitals, public performance or exhibition venues, or in areas where motor vehicles are subject to traffic restrictions and control.
2. Classified by Drive Method
Automatic rising bollards
This type of rising bollard is mainly designed to meet economic needs, but has poor manageability and relies mainly on manpower. It is mainly used in conjunction with fully automatic bollards to control a large area of entrance and exit. There is a Gas Spring installed inside it. After the lock catch is opened with the key, it can automatically rise, but it needs manual pressure to lower it. In addition, there is a cheaper but completely non-lifting fixed column, which has the same surface appearance as the fully automatic lifting column and is also used in conjunction with the fully automatic rising bollards.
Electric rising bollards
The interior of this type of rising bollard is equipped with a worm gear mechanism driven by an electric motor, which can raise and lower the rising bollards. The advantage is simple structure and low cost. The disadvantages are slow speed and small load. Due to its low level of protection, faults caused by water ingress are prone to occur. Not suitable for high-security levels, due to its economic efficiency, it is applied to some city level low flow entrances and exits, which is not mainstream technology.
Pneumatic-driven rising bollards
This type of rising bollard uses a pneumatic cylinder as the actuator to lift and lower the column body, but the compressed air power source must be installed above the ground. Therefore, the implementation projects of this type of rising bollards are all driven by a one-to-many method. A compressed air pump station installed at a certain location on the ground is connected to the cylinders inside multiple lifting columns through compressed air pipelines.
Advantages: Compared to hydraulic systems, there is no pollution risk caused by oil leakage.
Disadvantages: It is prone to malfunctions, with relatively high maintenance costs, relatively high noise, and relatively low load. Due to the use of compressed air as the power source, it is prone to malfunctions. For demanding and complex situations, its cost is also very high, so it is not the mainstream technology adopted in this industry.
Hydraulic rising bollards
The driving method of this type of rising bollards is mainly used in the domestic and foreign security barrier industry. It has evolved from centralized driving of external hydraulic stations (similar to pneumatic driving) to the mainstream built-in micro hydraulic driving unit, and is developing towards integrated hydraulic driving modules in the future. Its advantages are small size, high power density, strong load capacity, and inherent high protection level, with the highest lifespan and reliability among all driving methods. If one drawback must be mentioned, then I would think it is the relatively high cost.
3. Classified by frequency of use
High flow type, continuously passing through a motor vehicle every minute, 24 hours a day.
Low flow type, continuously passing 1 motor vehicle every 8-10 minutes, but allowing high flow within 15-30 minutes.
Automatic bollards system:
First, the main principle is that the signal input terminal (remote controller/button box) sends a signal to the control system. The control system processes the signal through the logic circuit system or PLC programmable logic control system, and controls the output relay according to the command, so as to drive the AC contactor to pull in and start the power unit motor.
The control system can be controlled by a relay logic circuit system or PLC. In addition to the button box, remote controller, and other conventional operation worry control equipment, it can also be linked with other entrance and exit management equipment and the central management platform
After the motor is started, it drives the gear pump to rotate, compresses the hydraulic oil into the hydraulic cylinder through the integrated valve, and promotes the expansion and contraction of the hydraulic cylinder. The hydraulic cylinder is connected with the interception part of the lifting column to control the passage of vehicles.
Functions of automatic bollards:
The automatic rising bollards are mainly used to control the passage of road vehicles and can be used in conjunction with road barrier gate control systems or separately. Specially designed and developed to prevent unauthorized vehicles from rushing in and out, it has high practicality, reliability, and safety. By restricting vehicles, it effectively ensures traffic order and the safety of main facilities and personnel.
The automatic rising bollard is a kind of road pile protection column, which is the product of continuous updating and iterative upgrading. It has both aesthetics and mechanics. In other words, it is the simplest way to control access and better play a role in safety protection. The automatic bollards are the addition of the function that can rise and fall on the common road pile foundation, which is free from the constraints of the site and can rise and fall freely, so as to effectively control the entry and exit of vehicles, Make the entrance and exit more orderly, but if you only think so, then the function of the automatic bollards is far more than that.
I see that more and more places, communities, schools, relevant departments, organs, troops, and other entrance gates use electric rising bollards. So what is the function of the automatic rising bollards?
1. It is easy to operate and can realize the functions of conventional remote control by wire;
2. The electric bollards system is highly integrated into the plastic spraying box, making the whole more beautiful and coordinated;
3. Emergency release to prevent the column from falling in case of power failure;
4. There is no requirement for the distance between the control system and the lifting unit;
5. It can synchronously control the take-off and landing of multiple bollards;
6. Strong adaptability to the environment and can resist strong electromagnetic interference.
Advantages of automatic bollards:
1. All stainless steel manufacturing: all products are made of stainless steel raw materials, with longer service life, and are more durable.
2. Electrophoretic anti-corrosion treatment: anti-corrosion treatment is adopted for buried equipment to make it resistant to acid and alkali corrosion.
3. Precision machining of CNC machine tools: all parts are processed by the CNC machine tool precision machining center to make its operation more compact and smooth.
4. Hydraulic integrated: convenient on-site installation and commissioning, and it is not easy to change the factory state during transportation and installation. The product lifting speed and time uniformity are better than other driving types of lifting columns, and the composition of lifting columns can be flexibly configured.
5. Diving power unit: it can work normally in the water without upper installation, and is vulnerable to rain and snow.
6. No oil circuit design: the power unit and lifting system are designed as a whole without an oil pipeline, so as to avoid corrosion and oil leakage of the oil pipeline, oil leakage of the interface, and oil leakage of oil pipeline quality.
7. Maintenance-free design: the hydraulic lifting column can be completely disassembled without special maintenance and complex operation.
8. Electroplated gold design: electroplated gold can effectively improve the corrosion resistance of stainless steel and avoid the fading of stainless steel after being used for a period of time.
9. The panel is made of stainless steel: the ground panel is made of stainless steel, which is more solid and improves the anti-collision performance.
10. Ceiling lamp warning and lighting: sealed led ceiling lamp warning lamp can greatly improve the warning effect and realize the lighting effect.
11. The installation is convenient, firm, and durable, with a simple structure, convenient switch, beautiful style, durable stainless steel material, and constant brightness as new; No need to lay the underground hydraulic pipeline, simple installation, and low construction cost;
12. Emergency release to prevent the column from falling in case of power failure;
13. Multiple columns can rise and fall synchronously;
14. Single failure will not affect the use of other columns.
You can often see the figure of the electric security bollards in the parking lot or at the entrance gate of the school. They have become indispensable tools for maintaining public security order. What is the working principle of automatic bollards?
The principle of automatic bollards is the principle of cylinder pistons. The roadblock automatic rising bollards are hydraulic or pneumatic pistons. The principle is the cylinder piston principle, such as needle cylinder, Jack, and hydraulic cylinder.
In the process of using the electric rising bollards, use pressure to make the blade column form power and make the piston of the hydraulic cylinder move up or down, so that the electric bollards for driveways can rise and fall freely. Its structure is more complex, with a base at the bottom and a barrier column blocked by lifting.
First, when rising, the vane pump will form the required pressure to make the hydraulic oil enter the lower part of the hydraulic cylinder through the oil filter, directional valve, and balance valve, so as to make the piston of the hydraulic cylinder move upward. Then the upper part of the hydraulic oil returns to the oil tank from the directional valve.
Secondly, when lowering, the piston will move downward, which is also called weight lowering. The hydraulic pressure passes through the reversing setting valve to the upper part. The oil at the lower layer of the hydraulic cylinder returns to the oil tank through the directional valve, etc.
Finally, in the route of up and down lifting, a balance valve will be set to ensure its circuit balance, pressure at a certain value, smooth lifting, and braking.
The automatic retractable bollards have many functions and simple use methods. No matter where it is, it can become a good hand in maintaining public security and order, so you will see more and more of it in your life.
Any goods will be damaged or broken down in the process of use, and so will the automatic retractable bollards. Therefore, daily maintenance and regular inspection are the basis to ensure that the equipment can be in good working efficiency. What are the precautions for the daily maintenance of the electric bollards:
1. Check the working status of switches, buttons, indicators, and buzzers once a month;
2. The transmission mechanism and mechanical fixing mechanism of the equipment shall be fastened with conventional screws;
3. The screws on each wiring terminal and each electrical element shall also be checked once a month to see if they are loose;
4. Regularly conduct dust removal and maintenance operations on the surface of electric bollards equipment, electrical control system, and hydraulic control system;
5. In the process of electrical maintenance, the relevant power supply must be cut off in time, and signs such as maintenance and overhaul must be hung on obvious positions;
6. Stop working immediately and check the automatic rising bollards regardless of any abnormal phenomenon of the electric rising bollards. Only after the abnormal conditions are solved can it be restarted for work again;
7. Keep the drainage at the bottom of the electric security bollards unblocked and the surroundings clean to ensure the service life, performance, and waterproof tightness of the electric rising bollards parts. On large ice and snow days, if there is serious ice inside the column, stop the lifting, and use it after freezing by heating and other methods;
8. Add lubricating oil regularly to ensure flexibility and no jamming during operation. During operation, the “squeaking” friction sound can be basically determined to be due to the lack of lubricating oil. Stop working immediately and find out the reasons. It is not allowed to operate forcibly, which is easy to cause unforeseen hidden dangers.
How to solve the problem of slow response when using a single automatic bollard for daily maintenance?
The working principle of hydraulic rising bollards is to achieve the lifting and lowering of the column body through a hydraulic power drive system, which has significant characteristics such as long service life and high reliability.
The response of a single rising bollard is slow, while other members of the same group have already started to rise. One of the rising bollards has only started to move, and the automatic bollards are operated according to the same group. The lifting of the same group can block dangerous vehicles and protect human life safety from damage.
The main methods for generating the above reasons and troubleshooting methods
Check if there are any virtual connections or missing phases in the wiring of a single device, and then troubleshoot the specific faults. Check if it is caused by the low ambient temperature of the mechanism. The solution is to compare the automatic bollards of the same group multiple times and check the temperature.
Check if the internal pipelines of the movement equipment contain gas. The solution is to raise and lower them no less than five times before venting. If the number of times is small, it may not be possible to completely exhaust the gas. Also, pay attention to the cleanliness of the oil filler and oil outlet screws.
Check if the mechanism has been replaced. The solution is that the reaction speed of the mechanism is inconsistent, the reaction is too slow, and the time difference is greater than two seconds. It is recommended to replace the automatic bollards mechanism.
What should I do if there is a short circuit in the automatic security bollards?
Friends who have purchased automatic bollards must have encountered the problem of short circuits in automatic bollards. The installed automatic security bollards cannot rise in one row, or all cannot fall down, or are stuck in half. So, how should we solve this problem? How can we determine the cause based on the condition of the automatic security bollards?
Firstly, we need to check if the circuit of the electronic control box is aging or if the connected circuit is damaged. We need to use a multimeter to measure the resistance, follow the steps in our automatic bollards supporting manual, and check step by step to see if the resistance value there is relatively small. If it is small, it indicates a short circuit. When checking for circuit aging, it is necessary to turn off the main switch of the electric brake to avoid contact danger, If there are cracks or copper wire leaks in the aging circuit, it is necessary to wrap it with insulating tape, and then ask a specialized electrician to replace the circuit.
If there is no problem with the circuit, we need to check whether the power indicator light of the link automatic bollards is on or not, because it is very likely that the voltage is too high or too low, which has caused the fuse inside the fuse to be burned out, resulting in the inability to supply power. If so, please turn off the main switch before connecting, ensuring safety is very important.
If neither of them is true, and the normal automatic security bollards are prone to occasional malfunctions, it may be due to the automatic bollards being unloaded or loaded.
Through the relay-connected circuit, we exchange the wires of each rising bollard and use the remote control to repeatedly lift and lower it several times for testing. If the swapped circuit still has this situation, it indicates that it is unloaded or loaded too much, causing the melting point temperature to be too high and causing a short circuit.
In summary, the reason why the automatic bollards are selected is also that their lifting speed and safety are recognized by customers. As a hardworking safety guard, do we need to take care of it even after installation? It protects our safety and we take care of its daily life. When it is short-circuited, it is best for us to have a professional maintenance electrician and contact the manufacturer in a timely manner to carry out the automatic bollards maintenance matters.
What’s wrong with the automatic lowering of the hydraulic rising bollards?
This problem is one of the common problems with hydraulic rising bollards, and many users will encounter it. After the problem of automatic lowering of hydraulic rising bollards occurs, there are usually several reasons for it. You can focus on investigating these key positions:
1. Check the mechanism for oil leakage. The solution is to first eliminate the oil leakage point, add oil, and then perform multiple lifting operations. If the fault persists, contact the manufacturer to replace the mechanism.
2. Check if the rising bollards have not been lifted for a long time, usually more than 12 hours. It is recommended to perform lifting operations every day.
3. Is there an error in operating the remote control or manually operating the button? The solution is to repeat the ascending operation.
4. Check the operation records to see if the interval time is too long and if there is no operation. The solution is to perform daily lifting and lowering operations according to the operation and maintenance requirements.
In order to maintain the order in front of the entrance and exit, anti-collision electric bollards are placed at the entrance and exit. As a traffic facility to prevent vehicles from forcibly entering, blocking, restricting, and dredging vehicles entering and leaving, the anti-collision electric rising bollards effectively strengthen the safety of important security areas.
Providing a safe and reliable defense line for people’s safety is the vision of every security guard. In our opinion, the most important role of security products is to prevent uncontrollable risk factors in the future.
1. Conventional interception: the electric rising bollards are usually in the interception state. When there is a vehicle to pass through, Only the control center gives valid instructions (after card reading, remote control, license plate recognition, smartphone, manual button of the person on duty, etc.), and the electric bollards for driveways will be lowered to open the channel opening to allow the vehicle to pass; after the vehicle passes through, the anti-collision automatic security bollards will be automatically raised to intercept the channel opening after the vehicle is judged by the sensor, or the anti-collision automatic bollards will be raised to intercept the channel opening through remote control, smartphone, manual button of the person on duty and other control methods.
2. Automatic interception of illegal intrusion: the anti-collision automatic retractable bollards are usually in the traffic state and are connected with the control center through the anti-collision column interface. When a vehicle with illegal intrusion and impact enters, the anti-collision electric rising bollards will rise automatically and quickly to intercept the vehicle timely and effectively.
Generally, vehicles that need to enter the crossing must pass effective identity authentication and security inspection. Only vehicles that completely pass the security inspection and are allowed by the security inspection personnel or have effective identity authentication (such as card reading, remote control, license plate recognition, smartphone, etc.) can enter the crossing safely through the anti-collision electric bollards, When the vehicle entering the crossing attempts to pass by without the release instruction or invalid identity authentication(such as card reading, remote control, license plate recognition, smartphone, etc.), the anti-collision electric rising bollards will regard the vehicle as an illegal vehicle and automatically pop up the anti-collision hydraulic bollards for interception.
3. Perfect protection measures: hydraulic bollards have perfect safety protection measures. The hydraulic bollards are designed with a variety of protection measures in the anti-collision area. When the normal vehicle passes above the anti-collision electric bollards, ensure that the hydraulic bollards will not bounce up automatically so that the normal vehicle can pass smoothly and safely.
4. Emergency system: after a power failure, the anti-collision hydraulic bollards can easily control the lowering of the anti-collision bollards through the central control system, or manually control the lifting of the anti-collision hydraulic bollards to close the channel in an emergency. The anti-collision hydraulic bollards can effectively manage the channel port whether it is powered or powered off.Sharing this: