Last updated on: October 26th, 2022 17:36 pm
People’s requirements for security are getting more and more, many places require to equip with the security turnstiles with access systems, and more and more places will install access control pedestrian turnstile gates.
About the turnstile gate installation, first, we have to say, it’s really easy to install, many customers may not understand it, or think that installing the turnstile gate is a very complex work, which must take a lot of time to complete, or it must cost a lot of money to hire professional installers. In fact, it’s not like this at all. You can complete the installation without any complex professional skills.
If you buy the turnstile gate from our factory, you don’t have to worry about the turnstile gate installation, we have done most of the jobs before sending our turnstile gates. You just need to fix the turnstile gates with screws and connect power supply cables and internet cables. Of course, We will provide detailed installation instructions and technical support.
Of course, in the following contents, we will generally describe the theoretical turnstile gate installation knowledge. The specific models of each turnstile gate will be different, the design drawings and line embedding will be different, and the installation process may be somewhat different. For different styles of turnstile gates, we will also be equipped with detailed installation instructions. If you buy a turnstile gate from MairsTurnstile, Our detailed instructions will be delivered to you along with the turnstile gate. I believe that by referring to our specific style installation instructions and the support of technicians, this is relatively simple work, and I believe you can easily complete it.
Turnstile Gate Installation:
How to install the turnstile gate? Do you have any questions about the turnstile gate installation? Here, we mainly divide the turnstile gate installation process into 3 parts: line embedding, fixed turnstile gate, and commissioning turnstile gate. Let’s learn more about it.
According to the weak current drawings, understand the use function of the turnstile gate. The drawings generally indicate some functions of the turnstile gate, such as card swiping function, face recognition function, QR code recognition function, etc. only by understanding the demand function of the turnstile gate, can we better construct pipe layout and wiring.
In addition, it is necessary to conduct technical communication with the turnstile gate manufacturer in order to understand the relevant wiring requirements and the size and height of the turnstile gate, for example, how the turnstile gate are linked to each other, how the turnstile gate and other products are linked to open the gate, and how to wiring. It is better to let the turnstile manufacturer issue a sample diagram of turnstile gate installation and wiring, so that you can know it clearly.
Communicate the drawings with the construction unit. Before embedding the line pipe, be sure to check with the construction unit to see if the turnstile gate installation drawing conflicts with other existing pipelines on the site. The turnstile gate installation affects the beauty of other parts of the site. The best way is to also have the turnstile gate installation plan in the drawing. To get the final version of the drawing, determine the accurate position of the turnstile gate installation according to the final version of the drawing.
To locate the turnstile gate installation position, determine the turnstile gate installation position in combination with the turnstile gate installation plan and the actual situation of the actual site, and draw the turnstile gate positioning line. The position here is the position of the turnstile gate pipe layout and wiring, which is not necessarily very accurate, but the embedded pipeline must be at the bottom of the turnstile gate. This is a very important link of the embedded pipeline, so we must pay attention to this detail.
After the orientation of the chassis is determined, the best route shall be selected from the center point of the fixed orientation of the chassis to the control room, and the cable trench shall be embedded or excavated.
Place a wiring pipe (PVC pipe or steel pipe) with appropriate diameter in the excavated line trench and thread it into the power line and control line required by the equipment (the control line includes: manual button line with 3 core, RS485 communication signal line with 3 core). If the interval is long, the power line and control line must be separated from the pipeline (the interval between 2 pipes shall be more than 50cm).
An 8 core connecting wire shall be arranged between the two turnstile gates.
For buried pipe wiring, it is necessary to communicate well with the construction unit during buried pipe wiring, especially the buried pipe wiring on the ground of the lobby, because there are too many construction units, and there are often carts in and out. If the pipeline is laid, the floor tiles are not laid on the pipeline in time, many times these pipes and lines are wasted, because people and vehicles often pass by, and the pipeline will be crushed, Therefore, we must communicate well with the construction unit and bury the pipes and lines two days before pasting the floor tiles.
As long as there are floor tiles on them, they are not easy to be broken. Then do finished product protection of the pipeline, so it is safe.
After all lines are laid, it is best to bury concrete after successful commissioning.
Finally, when burying the pipe, the line can be threaded during the later installation of the turnstile gate. Most importantly, it is best to add a spare pipe between the gate and the gate to facilitate subsequent changes or other functions. It is necessary to add the line and have a spare pipe to facilitate subsequent changes.
Fixed turnstile gate
For accurate positioning, a detailed drawing must be drawn during installation, indicating the distance between the gate and the gate, the size of the turnstile gate, and other relevant important installation parameters. Lift the turnstile gate to the roughly determined position. Be sure to cover the original pipe layout and line in the gate, and then accurately position the size according to the detailed drawing with a circle ruler.
During positioning, Make sure that the positions of each group of turnstile gates are consistent, horizontal, and vertical. Then draw it on the floor tile along the bottom of the turnstile gate with a marker pen, open the inside of the turnstile gate, and draw the screw hole position for fixing the gate, so as to facilitate the opening and fixing at the back.
During installation and fixation, it is necessary to open the hole of expansion screw in the floor tile. If the floor tile is relatively thick, it can be directly punched with an electric hammer. Do not punch the hole too fast. The floor tile is easy to break. Try to punch the hole of expansion screw to the cement floor below, so as to be firm.
Mark the ground at the center of the screw hole and the edge of the chassis base, then remove the chassis, vertically punch the marked screw hole with a drill bit, the size and depth shall meet the requirements of the expansion screw, move the equipment to the original position, drive the expansion screw and tighten the screw.
At least four expansion screws are required to fix the turnstile gate. The screws must be tightened. If the ground is uneven, the bottom of the turnstile gate must be padded flat. After installation, check whether the front and rear are aligned. Power on first to test whether the inner plate is centered and whether the infrared induction on both sides can be normal.
Commissioning turnstile gate
For the turnstile gate wiring, all power lines, signal lines, control lines, and master-slave lines must be connected in place before the turnstile gate commissioning. These lines are indispensable. They were interconnected and interactive before realizing the control of the turnstile gate master-slave motor. These lines are finally summarized by each point of equipment on the turnstile gate master control board to realize the final control of the whole gate.
In fact, the turnstile gate itself is connected to the external switch interface to control whether the gate is released or not through the external interface signal. For example, swiping the card on the turnstile gate is actually the signal to the turnstile gate after the door access is completed. The turnstile gate will perform a release and opening operation after receiving the door access signal, and then the personnel will pass, When the person passes the last infrared induction signal, the turnstile gate will judge that the person has passed, and then close the gate.
Equipment joint commissioning: fix the card reader to the place where the turnstile gate swipes the card. Generally, the access direction is fixed on the right hand, which is convenient for people’s right-hand use habits.
For access card swiping (QR code) or face recognition to open the turnstile gate, it is mainly to open the signal line of access control (the three signal lines NO / NC / COM, the NC and COM terminals we most often connect) are connected to the left open or right open on the mainboard or auxiliary board of the corresponding turnstile gate, the COM terminal corresponds to the COM terminal, and the NC corresponds to the left open or right open, depending on the actual situation of the turnstile gate.
After the corresponding connection, adjust the unlocking time in the access control controller to the shortest, and then it can be tested. If the access direction is reversed, it can be adjusted on the main board of the turnstile machine. For example, the voice entering the turnstile gate is broadcast into the voice leaving the turnstile gate. This can be adjusted on the mainboard display. It will not be expanded here. If you don’t understand, you can ask the turnstile manufacturer’s technology or read the manual.
Finally, the most important thing for the installation of a pedestrian turnstile gate is the buried pipe wiring in the early stage. If the line is wrong, it will have a great impact on the later installation of the turnstile gate, which may lead to rework. It is best to install the pipe wiring under the guidance of the turnstile manufacturer. If it is not very clear, one or two more pipes shall be buried between each two turnstile gates, so that the turnstile gates can be connected with each other, In this way, there will be no problem in the later installation of the turnstile gate.
Turnstile Gate Installation precautions:
The service life of the turnstile gate also has a certain relationship with the initial installation. Therefore, we should do it in a reasonable and compliant manner during the initial installation. We should pay attention to the following aspects:
1. The installation of a turnstile gate is generally on the horizontal ground or the gate base. If the ground is uneven, the turnstile gate will be easy to shake during use, affecting the stability of the turnstile mechanism, and the service life of the turnstile gate will be reduced after a long time.
2. For the installation and wiring of the turnstile gate, it is recommended to use 6-point galvanized pipe when embedding the conduit and select a formal national standard cable for connecting the power line, which can maintain a long service life when buried underground. It is also good for the service time of the turnstile gate.
3. During the installation of the turnstile gate, anti-skid, and moisture-proof treatment shall be carried out on the ground to prevent personnel from falling due to ground sliding. After installation, glass glue must be applied to the extension of the gate to prevent water seepage.
4. After the turnstile gate is adjusted and aligned with the installation position, the hole position of the fixing screw shall be marked. It is more appropriate to drill with a 12 point ground drill with a drilling depth of 10-13cm. It is recommended to embed M12 anchor bolts or use expansion bolts to fix the screws during fixation.
5. After the turnstile gate is installed and connected, it must be carefully tested. If the test operation is abnormal, it is necessary to re-install and debug the turnstile gate equipment.
6. After the installation and commissioning of the turnstile gate machine, the start-up and operation test shall be carried out, and it can be put into use after passing the inspection and test by the on-site technicians.
Turnstile Gate Installation conditions:
As a piece of electrical equipment, the turnstile gate can only be installed in a standard discipline to ensure that there will be no problems in subsequent use. In reality, the installation of many turnstile gates is not very standard. They were installed before the installation conditions are met. Today, Mairsturnstile will introduce the installation conditions that should be met before the turnstile gate installation.
1. Does the turnstile gate installation site need to be reconstructed? Is the ground flat? Unevenness will affect the fixation of the equipment. Previously, a full-height turnstile was installed by the customer under poor ground conditions, which made the equipment unable to be fixed. The equipment was completely fixed only after the key was changed in the rear site, so the ground condition is very important
2. The passage distance must be confirmed, and the position must be reserved during slotting wiring,
3. Before equipment installation, the wiring buried pipe must be handled well to facilitate equipment installation. The trunking shall be laid in advance according to the design drawings;
4. The size, length, and width of the ground outlet hole are determined relative to the turnstile gate size, and the center point of the outlet position is in the middle of the turnstile gate.
5. Reserve the ground outlet hole according to the correct position of the drawing;
6. The marble laying on the ground within the installation scope is completed, and the outlet hole is closed correctly. There is no danger of falling hard objects in the area where the turnstile gate is installed;
7. There is no pounding on the ground. An optical fiber (or network cable involved in some projects) each group of gate optical fiber shall be laid in place, and a length of 3m above the ground shall be reserved. The cable shall be labeled and the wiring routing table shall be submitted;
8. After the turnstile gate is installed, the wiring unit can weld and connect the optical fiber and provide jumpers. The turnstile gate is equipped with its own optical fiber switch, and the interface is an SC port. According to different projects, single-mode or multimode optical fiber equipment is provided according to the contract gate. Each group of gate cables shall be laid in place, with a length of 3m reserved. The cables shall be labeled and the wiring routing table shall be submitted;
9. Optical fiber and cable shall pass the test;
10. Strong current cables shall be laid under each group of turnstile gate units, and the wiring shall be in place, with a length of 3m reserved above the ground;
11. Provide the IP address table of the turnstile gate. Or the installation technology department shall modify it by itself during the general commissioning;
12. Please provide 220V temporary construction power supply and three-level distribution box on-site for turnstile gate installation and single commissioning;
13. Before mobilization and installation, cooperate to handle various mobilization procedures.
14. Before turnstile gate installation, it is required to provide the final site construction plan drawing of the Design Institute for accurate positioning of equipment
15. Cables between equipment are self-contained and laid during installation. The trunking for threading shall be reserved in advance. The outlet from the equipment outlet.
Requirements for the storage location:
Before the turnstile gate is installed, the customer will buy the turnstile gate in advance for a while. Generally, it will be stored for a period of time. The turnstile gate installation itself also takes a period of time. During the installation, the turnstile gate needs a place to be stored. The equipment itself is packed in wooden cases, but the storage location of the turnstile gate machine is still required to meet the following conditions:
1. Close to the turnstile gate installation site and it’s on the same floor.
2. It is required to be rainproof and there is no water on the ground.
3. There is no danger of hard objects falling over the turnstile gate.
4. It is close to the turnstile gate installation site for easy handling.
5. Within the scope of security or security monitoring.
The above are some precautions for turnstile gate installation summarized by us. In addition to careful attention during installation, turnstile gate maintenance is also very important. Let’s briefly introduce turnstile gate maintenance. For turnstile gate maintenance, you can view another article: turnstile maintenance
Where to buy a turnstile gate?
If your project needs a special turnstile gate, please check our products page Or click the product link below to learn more. Every turnstile gate from the Mairs is equipped with detailed installation instructions, which only need to be displayed to the installer or engineer. The installer can easily complete the installation. If you need us to provide installation services, you can also contact us, we will provide the best turnstile gate installation services.
Full Height Tandem Turnstile MT402-2-XProduct on sale
Turn style Door Full Height Revolving Turnstile MT406Product on sale
Subway Turnstile Flap Barrier Turnstile MT225Product on sale
Outdoor Security Turnstiles Speed Gates For Sale MT-359WProduct on sale
Security Speed Gates Turnstiles For Lobby MT-A305Product on sale
POWDER COATED FULL HEIGHT SECURITY TURNSTILE MT402-BProduct on sale
For many customers who first touch the turnstile gate, the first question that may come to mind is if I buy this security turnstile gate from your company, how can I install such a big thing? Do you provide installation services after I buy from your company? This is the first question that many customers ask, but through the above content, I believe that most customers have mastered how to install the turnstile gate and have no such concerns.
The above is all the content of turnstile gate installation. Of course, this is only a general summary. If you can strictly follow the above steps to install, I believe it should be very simple to complete the turnstile gate installation. In addition, it must be noted that the products of each manufacturer should be differentiated, but a qualified product should be equipped with detailed installation instructions. Each of our turnstile gates is equipped with detailed installation instructions and use instructions. Of course, if you buy turnstile gates from Mairs, you can contact us at any time if you have any problems during the turnstile gate installation process, We will provide professional technical support.Sharing this: