Last updated on: November 8th, 2023 16:25 pm
How does a turnstile work?
Security turnstiles are very important basic equipment to ensure safe passage in our daily work and life. But most people do not know and understand how does a turnstile work? What is its working mode?
In the beginning, I did not know much relevant knowledge about how does a turnstile work as well, after learning about pedestrian turnstile gate for a long time, I gradually understood it, and get to know how does a turnstile work, sometimes the customer also wants to know these questions. It is necessary to understand the principle of security turnstiles gate, so as to better understand customer requirements and achieve customer requirements more accurately. And then according to the customer’s requirements to customize the special security turnstiles gate. So I specially consulted our engineers, and our engineers simply told me this professional knowledge, hoping to help friends who want to know this professional knowledge.
Main components of turnstile gate
1. Chassis (bearing body, bearing various parts of the pedestrian turnstile gate)
2. Turnstile mechanism is the most important part of the security turnstile gate. By controlling the operation and stopping of the mechanism, the opening and closing of the blocking body are further controlled in order to control the flow of people and pass through in an orderly manner. According to the different number of cores and block bodies contained in the same turnstile gate, the turnstile gate can be divided into a single-core turnstile(including 1 core and 1 block body) and a double-core turnstile (including 2 cores and 2 block bodies, in a left-right symmetrical shape).
3. Blocking body (the main function of blocking body is blocking, usually we say tripod turnstile gate, swing turnstile gate, flap barrier gate, full height turnstiles, and so on just use the different blocking body and blocking way.)
Working principle of turnstile gate
The main control board(turnstile controller) receives the signals of the access controller or the infrared radiation tube and then makes the execution command to the direction indicator, motor, and alarm after the logic judgment and processing of these signals. So infrared is very important to the emitter tube, many problems are caused by infrared.
Working principle of infrared radiation tube
The infrared radiation tube is divided into the transmitting end and the receiving end. The transmitting end is a light-emitting diode, which emits infrared, and the receiving end is a photodiode. When in use, the transmitting end emits infrared and adds a reverse bias to the infrared receiving end, so that the receiving end can obtain high sensitivity and work normally.
Working principle of turnstile motor
Converts the received electrical signal into torque and speed, thus driving the object to be controlled.
Common faults of turnstile gate
1. The turnstile gate has been alarming: check whether the infrared is not aligned or damaged (when the turnstile gate is powered on, don’t block the infrared. Go to the tail of the infrared receiving end to see if there is a light on. If there is a light on, try to realign the infrared transmitting end and receiving end. If you can’t do anything, the infrared may be broken. You can replace it. If you can’t replace it temporarily, you can cut the wire.).
2. One side wing rod of the flap barrier gate can come out, and the other side can not come out, you can change the position of the red and black line of the motor at the host end. If not, the mainboard may not communicate, so you can only replace the mainboard.
3. After swiping the card, only one side of the gate can work. Check whether the online line of the main and auxiliary machines of the turnstile gate is normal.
4. The swing turnstile gate motherboard prompts that the encoder value does not change, which is most likely because the zero position of the turnstile gate is not adjusted properly. Method of adjusting zero position: there is a white line on the encoder and a yellow line below. Loosen the machine screw to adjust the position of the yellow and white lines to ensure the alignment of the yellow and white lines.
5. The turnstile gate of the limit switch indicates that the motor movement times out, which means that the limit switch does not work normally. The limit switch may be broken. The most likely reason is that the position of the limit switch is too far. You can adjust the position of the limit switch to solve it.
Above is the basic working principle of security turnstiles. Want to know how does a turnstile work, we still need to know how does the turnstile access control system work? Security turnstiles gate access control system belongs to one-card type, with CPU processor as the core controller, information collector, and electronic control lock as an auxiliary to form a complete control network.
According to loading and reading information content, the automatic control system of the gate is completed. The traditional gate access control system is usually managed by id and ic cards. With the development of science and technology, the intelligent management of access control systems is improved by adding human certificate verification, scan code verification, face recognition verification, and so on.
At present, many public places, such as office buildings, stations, tourist attractions, manufacturing factory and so on, have started to use security turnstile gate access control system software to carry out staff management. The important reason is that the turnstile gate is unique and durable. Especially at the subway entrance, the metal detection door of the subway station can be connected with the software of the security turnstiles gate access control system. In addition, facial recognition can replace the previous human resource inspection method to verify, which not only saves money allocation but also more accurate verification results. Effectively prevent all kinds of accidents. So how does a turnstile work is a necessary knowledge we need to know.
Intelligent security turnstile gate is mainly for entrance and exit management, including tripod turnstile, swing turnstile gate, flap barrier, and full height turnstile. Its working model is mainly reflected in four aspects: how does a turnstile work
Working mode of pedestrian turnstile gate
Conventional pedestrian turnstile gate has two directions: inlet and outlet
1. Controlled mode: only when the turnstile controller receives the door opening signal in this direction can the turnstile gate allow personnel to pass normally in this direction.
2. Free mode: personnel can pass through infrared sensing from this direction without restriction. After the turnstile gate is automatically opened, it passes normally, and the turnstile gate is closed again.
3. Forbidden mode: no personnel is allowed to pass in this direction.
4. Fire fighting mode: the turnstile gate is always open, and personnel can pass in any direction without restriction without alarm.
Working mode of turnstile gate – Customization
1. Touch mode: before receiving the first door opening signal in this direction, the direction was originally controlled mode. After receiving the door opening signal, it was switched to any of the other four default modes.
2. Memory mode: before receiving the first door opening signal in this direction, the direction was originally controlled mode. After receiving the door opening signal N times, it can effectively pass through n people (there is no need to give another door opening signal).
3. Time mode: switch the mode regularly at the specified time.
4. Cycle switching: the turnstile gate switches the mode in a specified period of time
Types of turnstile configuration system
1. Wireless remote control: wireless remote control can be installed to implement short-range wireless control;
2. Fingerprint control: people pass through the designated fingerprint identification verification, fingerprint turnstile is mostly used in enterprises, institutions, government organs, and other places;
3. Card swiping control: countable card swiping access control, consumption control, time recording control, time period control, etc;
4. Face recognition control: through face recognition identification and control, it is generally used in the community, site attendance, building personnel passage, etc;
5. QR code identification and control: Control the passage through mobile phone QR code scanning, it is applicable to the charge processing of scenic spots, the passage processing of exhibition personnel, etc. If you want to know more details, you can check our another article: how does QR code turnstile work?
So according to the working mode of the above turnstile gate, we probably know how does a turnstile work, we probably understand that the turnstile gate can be customized according to the different requirements of the customer. If you want to know more about types of turnstiles? please check our product page. If you need a special turnstile gate, We can provide you with quality customized service and the most reasonable price.Sharing this: